Dhaka University Admission Circular 2020-2021 will be published after the HSC and equivalent examinations results are published. Let’s know the eligibility of the Dhaka University admission application, Marks Distribution, and other information.
Eligibility for application:
To apply for admission in Honors 1st year at Dhaka University, the candidate must pass SSC or equivalent examination between 2015 and 2018. However, you have to pass HSC or equivalent examination in 2020. That means there is no second chance for admission in DU. Different qualifications are also sought for application in each unit. You can see which unit you want to be admitted to.
You may follow:
KA-Uni (Science): To apply for A-Unit, the applicant should have a minimum total GPA of 8.00 at SSC and HSC level. GPA will be calculated with 4th subject. Also SSC / Equivalent and HSC / Equivalent exams must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 separately.
KHA-Unit (Humanities): To apply for B-Unit of the Faculty of Arts, Social Sciences and Law, the candidate should have a minimum total GPA of 7.00 (with 4th subject). Also at SSC and HSC level, the minimum GPA should be 3.00 separately.
GA-Unit (Faculty of Business Studies): Application for admission in C-Unit of Faculty of Business Studies must have a minimum GPA of 7.50 including the 4th subject. Also, SSC should have a minimum GPA of 3.50 and an HSC level minimum GPA of 3.50.
GHA-Unit (Transfer Unit): Students of Humanities / Science / Business Studies or equivalent group can apply for Transfer Unit D. To apply for the D-Unit, the minimum GPA must be 8.00 for students from the science group, 7.50 for students from the business studies group and 7.00 for students from the humanities group. At the SSC and HSC level, the minimum GPA should be 3.50 for Science, 3.50 for Business Studies, and 3.00 for Humanities. The minimum GPA will be calculated with the 4th subject.
In other words, to apply for the GHA-unit from the group from which the students come, he/she has to have the minimum qualification of that unit. If you have below B-grade (grade point 3.00) in any subject in HSC or equivalent examination, you cannot apply in this group.
CHA-Unit (Faculty of Fine Arts): The Fine Arts Unit covers Drawing and Illustration, Graphic Design, Printmaking, Oriental Art, Pottery, Sculpture, Crafts, and Art History.
To apply for the CHA-Unit, the applicant must have a minimum total GPA of 6.5 (including the fourth subject). Also, HSC and SSC levels must have a minimum GPA of 3.00 separately.
DU Marks Distribution
MCQ and written admission test will be held at Dhaka University. For the KA-GHA unit, the MCQ type admission test will be held for 75 Marks and a written admission test will be taken for 45. The time for the MCQ exam is 50 minutes and the time for the written exam is 40 minutes.
MCQ examination of 50 marks on general knowledge will be held for CHA Unit. MCQ test time will be 60 minutes. Also, a written test (drawing) of 60 Marks will be held for unit CHA Unit. The time for the written test will be 90 minutes.
The Unit-based Marks distribution will be available on the University Admissions website. You can see the detailed Mark distribution of the unit for which you will apply for admission.
KA Unit Marks Distribution
- All the candidates of KA-unit of the University of Dhaka have to participate in the admission test. The total time of the admission test is 1 hour 30 minutes. The test will be in both the MCQ and written methods. The MCQ test will be 50 minutes and the written test will be 40 minutes. No calculator or anything like that can be used in the admission test.
- The total marks of the admission test will be 120. There will be MCQ marks 75 and written part marks 45.
- The MCQ and written test questions of the admission test of DU KA-Unit will be as per the syllabus of higher secondary level.
- Each candidate has to answer a total of 4 subjects including Physics and Chemistry. The total marks for each subject are 30. Each subject will have 18.75 marks for the MCQ part and 11.25 marks for the written part. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer and it will be adjusted thematically.
- Pass marks 30 of the MCQ part in the admission test. Pass marks 12 in the written test. However, the total pass marks including MCQ and written is 48. Those who get less than 48 marks will not be considered for admission. It is to be noted that only after getting 30 marks in MCQ examination, the answer script of written examination will be evaluated.
- You have to answer 4 questions in the MCQ part. Total marks for Physics (compulsory) are 18.75, Total marks for Chemistry (compulsory) are 18.75 and Mathematics, Biology, Bengali, and English are 18.75 for each.
- The total marks in the written part are 45. Time 40 minutes. The total marks in each subject are 11.25. The value of each question will be limited to 2 to 5.
KHA Unit Marks Distribution
- The admission test of KHA-Unit of Dhaka University will be held in both MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) and written system. A total of 1 hour 30 minutes test will be held. There will be 50 minutes for the MCQ exam and 40 minutes for the written exam. The answering procedure will be described in the instructions section of the question paper. No calculator or electronic device can be used in the admission test.
- There will be 75 marks for 60 questions in the MCQ part of the admission test and 40 marks in the written test.
- Admission test Question papers will be prepared on the basis of the Higher Secondary/ Equivalent Level syllabus.
- In the MCQ part of the admission test, there will be 16 questions for a total of 20 marks for Bangla / Elective English. There will be 16 questions for 20 marks for General English and 35 marks for 28 questions for general knowledge. 0.25 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In the written part, there will be 25 marks for Bangla / Elective English and 20 marks for General English.
- Pass marks 48 out of 120 marks in the admission test. If the candidates do not get the number 48, they will be considered ineligible for admission. In the MCQ part of the admission test, candidates must get at least 6 marks in Bengali, 6 marks in General English, at least 12 marks in general knowledge, and at least 30 marks in total. Must get at least 12 marks in the written test.