Dhaka University Admission Circular 2021-22 has been published. DU Admission Form 2022 can be filled through admission.eis.du.ac.bd website. Applications must be submitted between 6 March 2021 and 31 March 2021. Application fee can be paid through mobile banking or any scheduled bank.
Admission test of Dhaka University will start from 21st May 2022. Admission test will end on 19 June 2022. Admission test will be held in the divisional cities like last year.
Eligibility of application
To apply for admission in Dhaka University, the student has to pass HSC or equivalent examination in 2021. Also have to pass SSC or equivalent examination between 2016 and 2019. Students must have different qualifications for each unit. GPA will be calculated with the fourth subject. Unit based application Eligibility is-
- A-Unit: A-unit is for science group students. To apply for A-Unit, you need to have a minimum GPA of 8.50. In addition, each must have a minimum GPA of 3.50.
- B-Unit: B-unit is for humanities group students. To apply for B-unit, the student must have a minimum total GPA of 8.0. You must also have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- C-Unit: C-Unit is for Business Studies group students. You must have a minimum total GPA of 8.00 to apply for C-Unit. Separately, the minimum GPA should be 3.50.
- D-Unit: D-unit is the transfer unit. Students of Science, Humanities and Business Studies groups can apply in this unit. The minimum total GPA for Science group students should be 8.50 and separately 3.50. Students in the business studies group must have a minimum GPA of 8.00 and a separate 3.50. For students in the humanities group, the minimum total GPA should be 8.00 and separately 3.0.
- F-Unit: F-unit is the DU fine arts unit. Students in the Science, Humanities and Business Studies groups will be able to apply to this unit. The minimum total GPA for application is 7.00. Separately, the minimum total GPA must be 3.00.
Dhaka University Admission Form 2022
The DU admission form can be filled through the admission.eis.du.ac.bd website. When applying online, the student has to select the admission test center. Also applicants must provide their permanent and current address. Quota information should be provided where applicable. Follow the procedure below to apply for admission in Dhaka University.
- Visit the admission website admission.eis.du.ac.bd.
- Click on the Login Option.
- Provide HSC / equivalent and SSC / equivalent information.
- Provide permanent address, current address, mobile number and quota information.
- Select the exam center where you want to take part the test.
- Upload photo in the prescribed proportions.
- Enter the dashboard and apply to the designated unit.
- Pay the application fee through the convenient option.
Application Fee Payment
The application fee can be paid immediately while applying online. An application fee of Tk. 650 / - per unit can be paid through any mobile banking. Payment slips can also be downloaded and paid through Sonali, Janata, Agrani and Rupali Bank.
DU Marks Distribution
MCQ and written admission test will be held at Dhaka University. For the KA-GHA unit, the MCQ type admission test will be held for 75 Marks and a written admission test will be taken for 45. The time for the MCQ exam is 50 minutes and the time for the written exam is 40 minutes.
MCQ examination of 50 marks on general knowledge will be held for CHA Unit. MCQ test time will be 60 minutes. Also, a written test (drawing) of 60 Marks will be held for unit CHA Unit. The time for the written test will be 90 minutes.
The Unit-based Marks distribution will be available on the University Admissions website. You can see the detailed Mark distribution of the unit for which you will apply for admission.
KA Unit Marks Distribution
- All the candidates of KA-unit of the University of Dhaka have to participate in the admission test. The total time of the admission test is 1 hour 30 minutes. The test will be in both the MCQ and written methods. The MCQ test will be 50 minutes and the written test will be 40 minutes. No calculator or anything like that can be used in the admission test.
- The total marks of the admission test will be 120. There will be MCQ marks 75 and written part marks 45.
- The MCQ and written test questions of the admission test of DU KA-Unit will be as per the syllabus of higher secondary level.
- Each candidate has to answer a total of 4 subjects including Physics and Chemistry. The total marks for each subject are 30. Each subject will have 18.75 marks for the MCQ part and 11.25 marks for the written part. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer and it will be adjusted thematically.
- Pass marks 30 of the MCQ part in the admission test. Pass marks 12 in the written test. However, the total pass marks including MCQ and written is 48. Those who get less than 48 marks will not be considered for admission. It is to be noted that only after getting 30 marks in MCQ examination, the answer script of written examination will be evaluated.
- You have to answer 4 questions in the MCQ part. Total marks for Physics (compulsory) are 18.75, Total marks for Chemistry (compulsory) are 18.75 and Mathematics, Biology, Bengali, and English are 18.75 for each.
- The total marks in the written part are 45. Time 40 minutes. The total marks in each subject are 11.25. The value of each question will be limited to 2 to 5.
KHA Unit Marks Distribution
- The admission test of KHA-Unit of Dhaka University will be held in both MCQ (Multiple Choice Question) and written system. A total of 1 hour 30 minutes test will be held. There will be 50 minutes for the MCQ exam and 40 minutes for the written exam. The answering procedure will be described in the instructions section of the question paper. No calculator or electronic device can be used in the admission test.
- There will be 75 marks for 60 questions in the MCQ part of the admission test and 40 marks in the written test.
- Admission test Question papers will be prepared on the basis of the Higher Secondary/ Equivalent Level syllabus.
- In the MCQ part of the admission test, there will be 16 questions for a total of 20 marks for Bangla / Elective English. There will be 16 questions for 20 marks for General English and 35 marks for 28 questions for general knowledge. 0.25 will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In the written part, there will be 25 marks for Bangla / Elective English and 20 marks for General English.
- Pass marks 48 out of 120 marks in the admission test. If the candidates do not get the number 48, they will be considered ineligible for admission. In the MCQ part of the admission test, candidates must get at least 6 marks in Bengali, 6 marks in General English, at least 12 marks in general knowledge, and at least 30 marks in total. Must get at least 12 marks in the written test.